Thursday, July 23, 2009

Yesterday.... Today.... Forever

Yesterday was a difficult day for me but I seemed to handle myself pretty well on the most part. Yesterday I saw 2 of the greatest Sister Missionaries Leave to go home. That means Leave to go to brampton where they will go home from there. It was kind of Hard and had been threatening that I was going to kidnap them all week so they couldn't go home. Anyways but London has welcomed 2 new and great sisters. Sister Kulbeth was here last November and stayed to February this is her last transfer and then she goes home. And then Sister Pedraza comes to us from NewMarket but the cool thing is I already know both Sisters I know Sister Pedraza from when she was baptized in London about 5 years or so ago. And then also I know Sister Kulbeth from when she was here the first time.
Sister Lockwood is coming home in 14 days, I am grateful for her in my life she has been that rock when I have needed her. And I know that she has been a faithful servant of the Lord and that the Lord is well pleased with her. I am grateful for this awesome gospel in my life. Yesterday I had the gospel in my life today I have the gospel in my life and forever will I have the gospel in my life. I know that as I work on keeping the commandments and becoming more a faithful member of the Lord's Gospel that I will feel greater blessings in my life.
God has blessed my life in So many ways, Maybe I don't always recognize them or am grateful for the but he has done it none the less. I know that trials are a test of our faith and that as we face that trial head on and fight it that we will become more faithful and stronger members of the church.
As I sit here and feel grateful for the life in which my heavenly father has given me the opportunity in which to prove myself to him. I know that I am far from perfect and that each day i have struggles and challenges in which to overcome but I know that as I turn to the lord more that he will guide and direct me in the direction that I need to go. Things and times are hard right now because of the fact that the economy is hurting. But I know that the lord will help me as long as I turn to him and try my hardest. When I struggle and feel down and out. I know that not only do I have wonderful friends that help me, but I have the Lord who is always right there. I Love you all and I am grateful for you all in my life. You have helped me through many tough roads but have never given up on me. You are a great part of my life.
I love you all so very very much, And I miss you and I miss our talks.
Thank you
Crystal






Then Shall the Kingdom of Heaven be likened unto ten virgins which took their Lamps and went forth to meet the bridegroom and five of them were wise and five were foolish. (Matthew 25:1-2)

in the timeless parable of the ten virgins, five of them were found without the fuel necessary to keep their lamps burning. They had not exercised enough foresight to prepare for what lay ahead, and when the cruical moment arrived , it was too late for them to prepare. Some things one simply cannot borrow at the last minute. Just as the virgins' small lamps required a careful and methodical effort to be filled, so
our reservoirs of faith and spirtual depth need to be built gradually, drop by tiny drop. Every noble deed, every prayer,every period of sincere fasting, every testimony borne, every moment of relection adds to the reservoir. Too many seek desperately , at a time of crisis, to compensate for long-term neglect through sudden bursts of effort. Jesus Taught that the way to peace and preparation is not through spiritual marathons at the last hour but through consistent, lifelong personal progress.

No comments: